Comment on page
Set Up Policy Call Recording
Overview of Setting Up Policy Call Recording
- 1.Create Teams Resource Account for Recording Bot.
- 2.Create Teams Recording Policy.
- 3.Assign Teams Recording Policy to users.
- 4.Setup Contact Center Users
- 5.Assign policy recording users a Direct Call Records Group.
- 6.Create or edit a Call Setting Policy to enable recording.
- 7.Assign the Call Setting Policy to the Direct Call Records Group.
Please use the latest Teams PowerShell module when running the following commands.
Connect to Teams PowerShell and run the following commands:
- 1.Create Teams Resource account for Recording Bot:
2. Create Teams Recording policy:
New-CsTeamsComplianceRecordingPolicy -Identity LandisContactCenterRecordingPolicy -Enabled $true -Description "Recording Policy for Landis Contact Center"
Set-CsTeamsComplianceRecordingPolicy -Identity LandisContactCenterRecordingPolicy -ComplianceRecordingApplications @(New-CsTeamsComplianceRecordingApplication -Id $Instance.ObjectID -Parent LandisContactCenterRecordingPolicy -RequiredBeforeCallEstablishment $false -RequiredDuringCall $false -RequiredBeforeMeetingJoin $false -RequiredDuringMeeting $false)
- 1.Assign the Teams recording policy to users:
Grant-CsTeamsComplianceRecordingPolicy -Identity "firstname.lastname@example.org" -PolicyName LandisContactCenterRecordingPolicy
You can also assign the Teams recording policy to a group of users:
New-CsGroupPolicyAssignment -GroupId "UPN of M365 group or distribution List or GUID of AAD Security Group" -PolicyType TeamsComplianceRecordingPolicy -PolicyName "LandisContactCenterRecordingPolicy"
3. Assign policy recording users a Direct Call Records Group. Configuration | Users | Edit | Contact Center Settings | Direct Call Records Group. To create or edit a group, see Direct Call Records Group
5. Assign the Call Setting Policy to the Direct Call Records Group assigned to the policy recording users. Administration | Organization Units | Select the Direct call records group name | On the Call Setting Policy box, select the edit button | Select the call settings policy
6. Allow users to view recordings (optional). Assign the users a Data Access Policy to the Direct Call Records Group. Administration | Organization Units | Select the Direct call records group name | Verify the users are listed on the right panel and have the agent (at minimum) Data Access Policy. If the users are not listed, select "Add Member" button and add the users.
If the Call setting Policy allows the agent to enable or disable recording, the agent can control this on the agent panel.
The Teams recording policy may take up to 24 hours for it to be applied. During this time, calls will not be recorded in Contact Center.
By disabling the Teams recording audio notification, you are automatically agreeing to the following: Landis Technologies LLC recording services will only be used to initiate recordings or persisting of media after all legally required notices have been provided to all parties to the call or meeting being recorded or persisted. Such notices may be provided through either a) technical means implemented in your service, such as by a custom recording provided by a customer which your service plays prior to initiating recording, or b) terms included in your service agreement that require every user to personally notify other participants prior to invoking any action in your service that will initiate recording or persisting of media. In any event, you are taking responsibility to notify caller they are being recording.
Set-CsTeamsComplianceRecordingPolicy -Identity LandisContactCenterRecordingPolicy -WarnUserOnRemoval $false -DisableComplianceRecordingAudioNotificationForCalls $true
Last modified 2mo ago